Video of the Slide Show from Sally's Memorial Service

Friday, April 15, 2011

Falkner Island Tern Project & Little Harbor Lab

I heard about Sally's death last week via Helen Hays, and am deeply saddened by the loss.  Sally was a major supporter of the Falkner Island Tern Project conservation/research work, allowing me to run things out of Little Harbor Lab for several years (starting in 1981 when I took over as the sole Director of the FITP) before I was able to make it part of my official work with the USFWS in the mid 1980s.  Even after I stopped working on the FITP in 2004 and moved my fieldwork operations to Massachusetts, I continued to stop in every spring on my way north to check in and chat with Sally.  I owe Sally - and Fred - an enormous debt of gratitude for all they did for me; I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for Sally's encouragement and support.

Jeff Spendelow

No comments:

Post a Comment